Friday, February 29, 2008

Hurray for Leap Day

It is my intent to put up a mini discussional/devotional each day of Lent. But, I may fall of that pace. I'd ask anyone who reads this to keep me accountable to it, however. Lent is a time for us to reflect and grow, and I feel that with each day bringing a new discussional/devotional and a prayer combining our program theme and Lent we can accomplish each of those in a better way. If you have a discussional/devotional for Lent that you'd like me to include, send it to me via e-mail at vicepresident@sigmatheta.org

If you're like me, you often wish you had a little more time. You often feel like there's not enough time to do everything on your plate, or like you'd like to take on more service opportunities, but just don't have enough time to fit it in.

Well, I'd like to think that with this being a leap year, and today being leap day, we've been given an extra 24 hours this year to get stuff done, to help other people, and to share the love of Christ.

How will you use the extra 24 hours? Will you play a little more World of Warcraft? Will you go outside and throw the football around? Will you play some John Madden Football on your PlayStation? Will you pray a little more? Will you seek out opportunities to love others, or to serve others, or to share the Gospel?

Think about what Jesus did when he was nearing the end of his time before the cross. What he did, and what he valued with that time.

And maybe together, we can take this extra time, and find the best use for it.

Join me in this prayer:
Sovereign Lord,

Thank you for the gift of time
For the ability to spend time
With You
For You
And representing You

Help us to find the best way to use this time
To bring glory to you
To shine love and light to others
And to find the things in life that are most important.

Bring me to atonement
Bring me to you
Bring me to love

Amen

No comments: