Thursday, February 28, 2008

Trust Him?

It is my intent to put up a mini discussional/devotional each day of Lent. But, I may fall of that pace. I'd ask anyone who reads this to keep me accountable to it, however. Lent is a time for us to reflect and grow, and I feel that with each day bringing a new discussional/devotional and a prayer combining our program theme and Lent we can accomplish each of those in a better way. If you have a discussional/devotional for Lent that you'd like me to include, send it to me via e-mail at vicepresident@sigmatheta.org

Lent can seem like a long time. Forty days, not counting Sundays, to prepare ourselves for the Cross and the Resurrection. I know it seems like a long time when you're trying to prepare a devotional for each day of Lent.

But what about forty years? That's a lot longer.

And that's how long God's people had to wait to get to the promised land, after they didn't trust him.

I think a lot of times we, in our own lives, both individually and corporately, lack that trust in God. When I'm not sure how I'm going to make all the bill payments this month. When I'm not sure if STE will be able to expand and grow. When I'm not sure if God really has a plan to use the rough parts of my life.

But I want to trust Him. I want to know He's there. So I have a challenge for us. Let's spend some time journaling the times in our lives, from this day forward, where God gives us reason to trust Him. Where he fulfills a promise.

And let's hope it doesn't take us forty years to trust him completely.

Join me in this prayer:
Sovereign Lord,

I am amazed
By your power
But I am overcome
By my doubt

Help me, Lord
To see You everwhere
To know You
And to trust You

Help me to see Your promises
Being kept all around me
In large ways and in small ways
In my everyday life

Bring me to atonement
Bring me to you
Bring me to love

Amen

No comments: