Monday, February 25, 2008

Just Do It

It is my intent to put up a mini discussional/devotional each day of Lent. But, I may fall of that pace. I'd ask anyone who reads this to keep me accountable to it, however. Lent is a time for us to reflect and grow, and I feel that with each day bringing a new discussional/devotional and a prayer combining our program theme and Lent we can accomplish each of those in a better way. If you have a discussional/devotional for Lent that you'd like me to include, send it to me via e-mail at vicepresident@sigmatheta.org



Chances are, that image rings a bell. It's one of the better known and longer running marketing campaigns of all time.

But what does it have to do with Lent? And what does it have to do with the theme "Made for Love"?

I'll offer one theory. But be warned, my mind is far from normal or linear.

Often, around Christmas time, we get to hear and read and see people argue and get angry as they "debate" the "reason for the season". There is no debate at Easter. The reason of this season is simple. Christ was betrayed by one of his disciples. Christ was crucified for our sins. Christ rose from the dead.

That's it. That's why we have Easter.

And Lent is about preparing ourselves for Easter.

And so my question today is: what are you doing (and what am I doing) to prepare myself for Easter, and how am I doing that while keeping the theme of "made of love" in mind?

Whatever it is, just do it.

And join me in this prayer:
Sovereign Lord,

Help me to act
To do, and to be
What is required

Help me to recognize
That which I need to do
To be more wholly Yours

Help me in my preparation
For the remembrance of Your sacrifice
The joy of your resurrection
And the love we are called to as a result

Bring me to atonement
Bring me to you
Bring me to love

Amen.

No comments: