Thursday, February 7, 2008

Something Wonderful

It is my intent to put up a mini discussional/devotional each day of Lent. But, I may fall of that pace. I'd ask anyone who reads this to keep me accountable to it, however. Lent is a time for us to reflect and grow, and I feel that with each day brining a new discussional/devotional and a prayer combining our program theme and Lent we can accomplish each of those in a better way. If you have a discussional/devotional for Lent that you'd like me to include, send it to me via e-mail at vicepresident@sigmatheta.org



As I listen to the words in this song, I'm always moved. Moved that our powerful and loving God could transform an object of death, destruction, oppression, and torture into a symbol of hope, glory, love, and wonder. I find it true, above all else in the song, that as I look upon the cross, I feel a call to respond to the demand for my heart, my soul, and my all. And to do this in love. To give all I have, and I all I ever will be, in the name of love.

And my challenge for us is to try to do the same in our lives. That we find something that represents evil, death, wrong doing or something else or the ilk. And through an act of love we change it into something that can represent, on some scale, to some people, a symbol of love, a symbol of hope, and a symbol of glory and wonder. Not to us, but to our Father in Heaven.

As we look towards Easter, and the celebration of the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior for the forgiveness of sins, I ask you also to join me in looking around our world to see what we can change through love.

Join me in this prayer:
Sovereign Lord,

Help me to stumble upon things
Seen by this world
As unwanted
As evil
As death bringing
As torturous
As wrong-doing
As inhumane

And help me to transform
Through love
These things into
Love
Glory
And honor
For you.

Bring me to atonement
Bring me to you
Bring me to love

Amen.

No comments: