Monday, March 10, 2008

Choices

It is my intent to put up a mini discussional/devotional each day of Lent. But, I may fall of that pace. I'd ask anyone who reads this to keep me accountable to it, however. Lent is a time for us to reflect and grow, and I feel that with each day bringing a new discussional/devotional and a prayer combining our program theme and Lent we can accomplish each of those in a better way. If you have a discussional/devotional for Lent that you'd like me to include, send it to me via e-mail at vicepresident@sigmatheta.org

Do you like video games? Especially RPG video games? I do. But I haven't played a new one in a long time. One of my all-time favorites is "Chrono Trigger", and one of the reasons I love it is that there are something like 38 different endings to the game, all based on the choices you make during the game.

I think about that, and I reflect on our lives, and the choices we make. How they shape our lives. How we could be in any of a million different places if we had made a couple of different places.

And I'm also amazed even further at the cross when I think about this. Because the God of all power chose to use an example of love to redeem us. And in doing so, he took away the power of redemption from himself and gave it to us. It is our choice to be redeemed. Christ has given the ultimate sacrifice, but it only means something for us if we choose to accept what it means.

And so it goes on every day. God has wonderful plans for us. Plans to prosper us, to give us a future, to keep us from harm. But these plans are ours to choose to accept or not. We can continue on in our own ways, or we can look to Him and look to His ways.

Which will it be? Our own ways, or will we choose to follow Christ's examples? Will we choose the full consequence of the Cross and the resurrection?

Join me in this prayer:
Sovereign Lord,

Thank You for grace
That it is the starting line
And not the finish

Thank You that I can choose You each day
That I can choose Your ways
That I can find better than my own ways

Help me Lord, to find Your way
That it might guide me in love
To follow Your examples

Bring me to atonement
Bring me to you
Bring me to love

Amen.

No comments: