Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen!

It is my intent to put up a mini discussional/devotional each day of Lent. But, I may fall of that pace. I'd ask anyone who reads this to keep me accountable to it, however. Lent is a time for us to reflect and grow, and I feel that with each day bringing a new discussional/devotional and a prayer combining our program theme and Lent we can accomplish each of those in a better way. If you have a discussional/devotional for Lent that you'd like me to include, send it to me via e-mail at vicepresident@sigmatheta.org

Today, we celebrate Easter. The return of our King. The triumph our of King over sin and death.

And we can never have more of a reason to celebrate. There's no bigger victory attainable. No larger prize to be won. No bigger gift to be given.

Jesus Christ, the perfect son of God, who was sacrificed on the cross for atonement for our sins is alive and reining as King. He, who was mocked and scorned just after being welcomed as king, is now alive and in His glory, and available as King to any who would want Him.

There is no greater reason for us to celebrate than this. There is no greater cause for us to share with the world. There is no better day to recommit ourselves to lives of grace, love, sacrifice, hope, and faith.

Join me, today, and celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. And join me in recommitting to the cause of Christ in all we say, all we do, and all we believe.

HE IS RISEN!

Join me in this prayer:

Sovereign Lord,

You are the risen Lord
The One who has conquered death
He who has rescued us from sin

And I give glory to you

You are the conquering King
Greater than any other king
The one with ways high above

And I give glory to you

Consecrate me to You
Let my life be a living testament
To your love, grace, message, and sacrifice

Thank you for atonement
Thank you for you
Thank you for love

Amen.

No comments: